2015 It’s My Park Day is Here!
Posted on February 11, 2015 by denman82
Thank you to everyone who participated in It’s My Park Day 2015!
Sixty-one volunteers accomplished the following on Saturday morning:
– 20 cubic yards of mulch were distributed to trees in the northwest corner of the park and along the north side of the ball field.
– Trees were weeded before mulching.
– The sign bed was weeded and mulched.
– The purple martin bed was weeded and mulched.
– The beds around the pool were weeded and mulched, and trash was extracted from the pool area.
– The volleyball court was sifted for gravel and debris.
Thank you also to our sponsors!
Genuine Joe’s provided coffee
Tacodeli provided tacos
Wheatsville Coop provided food
Chipotle and Luke’s Locker provided gift cards
Austin Parks Foundation planned IMPD and provided resources and assistance
Austin Parks and Recreation provided support for the work, including mulch and logistical assistance
Thank you also to the We Serve Austin – Young Professionals group for coming out to help!
Please click HERE to see photographs of the event.
Our Brentwood Park projects have been approved, and volunteer registration is open!
To volunteer, go to Austin Parks Foundation, click on the “Volunteer Here for It’s My Park Day” in the top right-hand corner of the screen, and scroll down to Brentwood Park.
Please register, as it guarantees supplies from Austin Parks Foundation and PARD, who provide the t-shirts and other goodies for volunteers and the tools and mulch we need to accomplish the work. We will also need a head count for Tacodeli (Crestview!), which is generously providing tacos to get us kick-started in the morning.
Projects for 2015 include:
– Tree and flower bed mulching
– Volleyball Court clean up and border maintenance
– Flower bed weeding, cleanup, and tending the plantings at the pool, entrance sign, and purple martin house
We find that rakes, shovels, and wheelbarrows are often in short supply, and if you have one, please bring spading forks. Spading forks resemble pitchforks but have a shorter handle and broad, flat tines. Sharpies will be available at the pavilion to mark tools with names and phone numbers.
We are looking for a photography volunteer. Please email us at email@example.com if you are available.